The criteria for earning this award reflects a broad base of participation, achievement and service. To earn the THUNDERBIRD AWARD, a student must accrue a minimum of points in four distinct categories:
- MIND – Scholarship
- MIND – Co-Curricular
- BODY – Physical Activity and Effort
- SPIRIT – Personal Service
The purpose of this award is to recognize these well-rounded individuals who exemplify the qualities that Kastner Intermediate School hopes to foster, in all its students:
(1) the desire for self-improvement
(2) dedication and commitment in reaching goals
(3) concern for and service to others
(4) the willingness to be a positive role model to others.
- It is each student’s responsibility to track all points earned throughout the school year and submit to Lightning by April 26th, 2021 for verification. Please submit to the Lightning Cluster Office for verification for any events needing a coach/ advisor signature. The Learning Directors will verify on their behalf.